This page is dedicated as a student resource for the composition activities in the school year. To complete the composition assignment, all students must do the following:
• Choose a spiritual, OR, a folk song,
• Listen to the sample of that particular song,
• Decide that your composition is related to lyrics, OR, rhythm and melody,
• For lyrics, figure out how many syllables are required, and,
• For rhythm and melody, figure out how may notes/rests and what kind of intervals are required, then,
• Write down your ideas on a plain piece of paper or staff paper,
• Turn in your finished composition on or before the due date.
Homework Song List
Do you have any questions? Contact Ms. Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org at anytime.
All rights reserved
Copyright © 2011 Kaii & Friends Music.net